Colchester Borough Council, Combined Site
The project to design and build 34 new homes over former garage sites for Colchester Borough Council.
The key issues within the project were: –
- Tight ‘difficult’ sites
- With adjoining Council tenants and former tenants excellent communication skills was required from our site team.
- Dealing with brownfield sites, contamination and demolition waste in residential areas.
- Material logistics, site and operative parking in small tight sites in highly congested current / former council estates
- Working under National Grid pylons with restrictions on methods of construction.
- Strong management team delivered this project very successfully without incident through their skills, expertise and experience, invoking all that is great about the Considerate Constructors Scheme.
The project was delivered very successfully to time and to budget.